Mackinac Island & Henry Ford Complex, Michigan
Mackinac Island, MI
Mackinac Island beckons you to a bygone era of old world hospitality and charm. We’ll return to a time of horse drawn carriages with nothing intruding on the serenity and natural beauty of the island. This place was named one of the top ten most beautiful islands in the world by National Geographic. We arrive by passenger ferry, no motorized vehicles are allowed on the Island.
Highlights of this tour: We’ve planned the best for you!
• Frankenmuth, Michigan – this little Bavarian town offers unique boutiques and is home to the famous chicken dinners, which we will devour. We’ll also visit Bronner’s Christmas Shop.
• Passenger Ferry to Mackinac Island–no motorized vehicles allowed on the island.
• Two nights accommodations on Mackinac Island convenient to the village for walking, shopping, and browsing. We’ll be lured by the smell of their famous fudge being made fresh daily!
• Carriage ride of this impressive Island, followed by a lunch at the GRAND HOTEL with an awesome view of the Great Lakes. This day of touring and lunch promises to become one of your favorite memories of your travel experiences!
• Visit The Henry Ford Complex– A PLACE LIKE NO OTHER. Step into a giant encyclopedia that is ALIVE. It’s three-dimensional storytelling, adventurous, intriguing and entertaining. It’s about history, the future, and where it will take us. We’ll visit the museum, Village, A Factory Tour - the step by step creation of Ford’s F-150 pick-up, IMAX Theatre, Model T rides, and explore many inventions of how America was formed. It truly is a place like no other!
This tour is one of Adele Klein’s favorites!
Tour Includes: Deluxe Motorcoach transportation, 6 nights accommodations, 6 breakfasts (3 are continental), one lunch at Grand Hotel, 2 dinners, round trip ferry transfers to island, carriage tour, Bavarian entertainment, The Henry Ford complex admission.