When you consider your next vacation, don’t forget about all-inclusive resorts. No matter how you say it – the works, the whole nine, the full monty, the whole shebang – that’s what you’ll get with an all-inclusive resort. Ask anyone who’s been to one and they can’t stop raving about it.
Here are a few reasons we can’t get enough of an all-inclusive vacation.
Leave the wallet at home (well, OK maybe not literally)
It’s rare to go on a vacation knowing exactly how much you’re going to spend. When you book an all-inclusive Apple Vacation with Boscov’s Travel, everything’s included so you know you’re within budget from the moment you leave.
Everything but the kitchen sink (yup, yet another way to say you want it all)
It’s in the name. All included means just that – from the flights and transfers to the resort, hotel accommodations to the daily entertainment, all meals and open bar, and any number of activities, it’s all one price. What could be simpler?
So many choices
With so many options including destinations, price points, and activities, it’s important to think about ways to narrow down your selection. Our suggestion is to start with your traveling party. Are you taking the family, is it a girls or guys getaway, or are you looking for a couples-only resort? Are you looking for fun around every corner with endless activities, or are you looking to relax and escape to a retreat? The following guide can help you zoom in on what will work best.
– If you’re looking for family-friendly resorts: Sunscape ($), Now ($), Dreams ($$)
– If you’re looking for adults and couples only + parties around every corner: Riu Palace ($$), Breathless ($$)
– If you’re looking for couples only + relaxation: Secrets ($$), Zoetry ($$$)
Optional adventures abound!
Want to see more than just the resort? Sign up for optional excursions before you go with your Boscov’s Travel Advisor or at the resort with a dedicated AMResort representative. Here are just a few things to see and do in some of our favorite destinations:
– Submarine ride to see one of the longest reefs in the world
– Swim with dolphins and meet a manatee
– Take a private fishing charter and cheers with included beer
– Explore Tulum’s ancient Mayan temples
– Zipline through the jungle
– Enjoy a leisurely afternoon on a catamaran
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic:
– Take to the high seas on a real life pirate ship and enjoy a show with your favorite scalawags
– Savor the scenery on a dinner cruise
– Learn about the culture on a heritage trip to an artisan village, cigar rolling factory and more
– Dance the night away in a cave converted to a discotheque
– Ride a horse through the countryside
– Take a trip to a private snorkeling and swimming spot
Montego Bay, Jamaica:
– Wade in the luminous lagoon, one of the most famous glowing lagoons
– Take an ATV adventure through the jungle
– Tee off at an 18-hole championship course
– Horseback ride in the water
– Ride down the shore on a river tube ride
– Bathe in a beautiful waterfall
What to bring?
– Sunscreen! The Caribbean is full of sunny days so be sure to pack a (Banana) boat-load! Of course if you do forget the lotion, you can always purchase at the resort gift shop…but expect to pay a premium.
– Your favorite sun hat (did we mention the sun?!)
– A copy of your booking – this will help ease the check-in process
– Break out your brightest, loudest, most fun beach towel! The resort will always have towels for you to use but if you want to find your chair easily, it’s best to mark with the your towel
– Dollar bills. Though you don’t need to, you may want to tip your favorite bartender or the helpful service staff. Perhaps you’ll want to enjoy a massage at the spa or go on an excursion, so having a few extra dollars isn’t a bad idea. Of course, none of these are required.
– Some dress-to-impress attire. Most resorts have specialty dining restaurants where you can enjoy French, Italian or Thai cuisine. Often resorts require nicer attire when dining at these special restaurants. If you prefer to stay casual, you can always hit the buffet or beach-side grills.