Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Impress your relatives during the forced family fun with these travel facts.
- The top reasons US citizens travel domestically are to visit relatives, shop, visit friends, take a foodie vacation and sight see.
- 43% of Pennsylvanians had unused vacation days in 2017. That’s more than 24 MILLION unused days! New Jersey was slightly better with just 35% of people having unused days.
- And the most anxiety-inducing travel fact…
- The National Institute of Health once touted the benefits of retiring on a cruise ship and said it could be less costly than assisted living. “Living on a cruise ship provides a better quality of life and is cost effective for elderly people who need help to live independently…”
- Many cruise ships (and hotels) skip over the 13th floor due to superstitious passengers.
- There are cruises for everything! Themes include cat-lovers, New Kids On the Block fans, a Property Brothers cruise, a Walking Dead cruise, a Wrestle-mania cruise, and even a Weight Watchers cruise.
- Disney World and Disneyland are favorite final resting places (but they strictly prohibit this).
- It’s estimated nearly 4,000 proposals take place each year in Magic Kingdom theme park in Florida. Disney even has it’s own Proposal Department to help make the moment magical.
- And sometimes people break-up at Disney. Yep, The Beatles sealed their fate at the themepark in Florida.
- Walt Disney World is the size of two Manhattans.
- You know Disney literally sparkles. It’s not just pixie dust… the parks are designed so you can find a trashcan within 30 steps of wherever you are.
Around the World Facts
- When the temperature drops, the Eiffel Tower shrinks by about six inches.
- Mussolini tried to fix the Leaning Tower of Pisa but only made it lean further.
- Each of the stones used to construct the Great Pyramid weighed approximately the weight of an elephant. And inside the structure could be the world’s first air conditioning system – it stays a constant 68 degrees Fahrenheit (average temperature in July is 94 degrees outside!).
- The Great Wall of China features mortar made from rice flour.
- The Grand Canyon park is larger than Rhode Island. The temperature from the top of the canyon to the bottom of the canyon can vary by almost 30 degrees Fahrenheit.
- There are more caribou than people in Alaska. And more men than women – the state has the highest ratio of men to women of any state.
- Sin City shines bright! The Vegas strip is the brightest place on earth when viewed from space.